Established in 2006 as an outgrowth of the Program for the Study of Women, Gender, and Sexuality, the Center for the Study of Women, Gender and Sexuality at Rice encompasses interdisciplinary academic programs and research intensive opportunities, including:
- an undergraduate major in the Study of Women, Gender, and Sexuality
- a minor in Poverty, Social Justice, and Human Capabilities
- a graduate certificate program
- a two-year postdoctoral fellowship program
- The Feminist Research Group
The Center also houses the international journal, Feminist Economics.