PJHC Minor Requirements
For a complete listing of PJHC requirements, please consult the General Announcements.
Please also consult with the PJHC Director of Undergraduate Studies, Dr. Kerry Ward.
PJHC minors must complete 6-8 courses (18-22 credit hours, depending on course selection):
- PJHC 371 Poverty, Justice, and Human Capabilities
- PJHC 394 Human Development in Global and Local Communities
- 3 Electives, one each from the categories of Global South, Race and Ethnicity, and General Electives
and one of five capstone options:
- PJHC 470 Advanced Seminar in Poverty, Justice, And Capabilities
- HIST 421 Race, Education and Society in The Urban South
- HIST 484 The Black City: African American Urban History
- SOCI 469 Community Bridges Training and SOCI 470 Inequality and Urban Life
- The SWGS Seminar and Practicum in Engaged Research (SWGS 494, SWGS 496, and SWGS 497
and 3 PJHC Service Credits from direct service learning experiences.